Monday, June 09, 2008

A Big Sunday Final Table!

I finally made my first final table in one of the biggest Sunday tournaments! I final tabled the $750K Guaranteed on Full Tilt. It was a bit of a strange tournament where every time I started getting chips I would lose the next pots I played and become short, but once I was short I would always win the next big pot and get back in contention. Unfortunately I couldn't get anything going at the final table and busted 6th for $23K. Between that and my 5th in the Stars 320 on Wednesday night for $10K I almost made up for the $40K I lost playing 200/400 PLO trying to get back my equity for missing Day 2 of the $1K rebuy. It was good to finally make one of these big final tables beating almost 3500 players, but obviously still a little disappointed not to win. But with JCarver at the final table in a Full Tilt tournament I clearly never had a real chance. I gotta give another shoutout, this time to my friend Leo Wolpert who finished 3rd in the $5K NL Shootout event. He made a deal for $300K which is obviously pretty sick. Tomorrow is the $1500 NL Shootout event, hopefully I have a little extra run good left. As much as I enjoy seeing all my friends make tons of money at big live final tables I'd prefer it was me.

Mike

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi.

Im Greita from London. I had an opportunity to visit your blog
and the content seems to be really interesting. I wanted to know if
you were interested in having a link exchange.
Awaiting your reply, so that we could discuss more.

Regards,

Grieta.

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Watts!

I wonder if the pace between the two mediums (online v. B&M) has anything to do with your results?

I think all this karma your building up with Day 1 busts will translate into a Main Event FT :)

Anonymous said...

Can you talk more about 200/400 PLO and why you think you have an advantage at it?

Or maybe be able to break down the weird things that I see when I read HH's from those games.