Friday, August 04, 2006

Ship $44K

The WSOP event was sold out by the time I got there to register today so instead I went over to the Bellagio and played the tournaments there. I busted out of the 2pm Bellagio Cup event at 7:30 just in time to sign up for the 8pm event. I luckboxed my way to the chiplead in that one and chopped by chip count with 6 players left for 44K, which was 2nd place money. This was such a great deal for me, I definitely would have given up a few grand had they tried, but I tried to act reluctantly towards accepting a deal so they would just be happy that I agreed since they all seemed to want one pretty badly. Full report will follow at some point, but I'm pretty exhausted right now since I've basically been playing poker for the last 24 hours.

Mike

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats watts!
now leave vegas before u lose it ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Nice one Mike.

Anonymous said...

Well done Mike. We knew we'd see you coming home with more money than you went with, ME or not.

Anonymous said...

So does this mean you won 44k? I have trouble deciphering the language...

Congrats man

Mike said...

Ya we made a deal to split up the remaining prize money with 6 people left based on how many chips each of us had, instead of playing it out. Since I was chipleader I got the most.